PEAK SKIS 4M VERTICAL CHALLENGE OFFICIAL RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. THE CONTEST IS FOR FUN AND INTENDED TO ENCOURAGE PEOPLE TO GET OUT AND SKI MORE and CREATE STOKE FOR THE SKI INDUSTRY AND MOUNTAIN CULTURE. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU MAY NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN, OF THE LEGAL AGE, AND A LEGAL RESIDENT OF THE ELIGIBILITY AREA OR IF THIS PROMOTION IS PROHIBITED BY LAW. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
2. CONTEST SPONSOR. This Contest is sponsored by Peak Skis, LLC, a Montana limited liability company, which is located at 245 Quail Run Rd, Bozeman, MT 59718 (the “Sponsor”).
3. ELIGIBILITY. This Contest is open only to legal residents residing in the fifty United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years of age. It is void in Puerto Rico and other U.S. states or territories or where prohibited, licensed, restricted or taxed. Employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings and each of their spouses regardless where they live) or members of household of the Sponsor or its affiliates, their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, advertising, and publicity agencies involved in the conduct of this Contest are not eligible to enter or be awarded a prize. Entrant must read these Rules in their entirety. By participating, you agree to these Contest Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
4. [ELIGIBILITY] PERIOD. The Challenge begins November 1, 2023 at 12:01 a.m. Mountain Time (MST) and ends on June 15, 2024 at 11:59 p.m. MST (the “Entry Period”). [To be eligible for the Prize, all entries must be submitted during the Entry Period.]
5. HOW TO PARTICIPATE. Use one of the following mobile apps (“Approved Mobile Apps”) : Ikon app, ski resort apps with public leaderboards including Palisades, Jackson Hole, Aspen Snowmass, Killington, Snowbird, and Copper Mountain, WeSki, and Snoww to track ski performance including vertical feet when skiing during the period of time from November 1, 2023 to June 15, 2024 at 11:59 p.m. MST (the “2023-24 Season”) . For anyone who skis over 4 million vertical feet during the 2023-24 Season, as tracked by one of the Approved Mobile Apps and verified to Sponsor in accordance with these Official Rules, you are eligible to win one pair of Peak skis. Email your name, age, total season vertical feet skied and the mobile app you used to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30, 2024 to be eligible (an “Entry”). The record will need to be featured on a public leaderboard on an Approved Mobile App that can be accessed by the Sponsor. Screenshots will not be accepted. Valid photo ID matching the public leaderboard name and other verification of age and identity may be requested to claim prize. Sponsor reserves the right to request additional documents and verification from you in order to verify your Approved Mobile App account and information provided in your Entry. You may submit only one Entry, even if you track vertical feet across multiple Approved Mobile Apps. You may not submit an Entry on behalf of any other person, under any assumed names, or containing any false information.
6. PRIZES. One pair of Peak skis to qualified contestants. Specific ski models and lengths are based on availability and may be selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion. The total value of the prizes is approximately $890, but all related memories (not provided by Sponsor) are priceless and shall remain the sole property of the winner . No cash or credit redemption, assignment, transfer or substitution of any prize or portion thereof is permitted by Sponsor. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES, AND ANY OTHER COSTS AND EXPENSES, ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF THE PROMOTIONAL PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE ENTRANT. The Sponsor will withhold and/or report taxes as required by the applicable law of Sponsor’s jurisdiction. THE PROMOTIONAL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITHOUT LIMITATION. If a prize is awarded but unclaimed/forfeited by an entrant, the Prize may or may not be re-awarded or re-allocated, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Other terms and restrictions may apply.
7. TERMS AND CONDITIONS. All entries, contact information and emails submitted to Sponsor as part of the Contest become the property of Sponsor with all of the rights granted herein. Sponsor accepts no responsibility for submissions lost, delayed, damaged or mislaid, however caused. No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor for late, incomplete, unfound, misdirected, illegible, corrupt entries; for any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or internet hardware or software malfunctions, unauthorized human intervention, the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY ANY POTENTIAL ENTRANT IF SPONSOR DETERMINES, IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION, THAT ANY ENTRANT INFORMATION WAS CHANGED OR FALSIFIED IN ORDER TO MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS. SPONSOR HAS NO ASSOCIATION OR AFFILIATION WITH ANY APPROVED MOBILE APP AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR TECHNICAL FAILURES, GLITCHES, LOST DATA, ACCOUNT DELETION OR ANY OTHER ACT, ERROR OR OMISSION ASSOCIATED WITH ANY APPROVED MOBILE APP.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS. By accepting the prize, where permitted by law, winner grants to Sponsor and those acting pursuant to a grant of authority by Sponsor and its affiliates the unfettered right of publicity, including but not limited to the right (but not the obligation) to use and publish winner’s entry and/or name, image, likeness, and biographical data for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without additional consideration, worldwide and on the world wide web, without notification, review or approval. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. If any provision of the Contest shall be deemed to violate any federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance, it shall be amended to conform to such law and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. If Sponsor is required by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance, or by action of an administrative agency to cease offering the Contest in any jurisdiction, Sponsor reserves the right to (i) terminate the Contest in such jurisdiction in its entirety, and/or (ii) cancel and remove from participation in the Contest any and/or all entries from entrants residing in such jurisdiction, without penalty and without obligation to any Contest entrant(s). By entering, you acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules, including eligibility requirements, and you agree all decisions of Sponsor are final. Sponsor is not responsible for any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions or delays that may occur, or for telecommunications, network, electronic, technical, or computer failures of any kind, including any damage to a user’s computer equipment, or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of any entry information, or for failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor for any reason. Incomplete, garbled, or unintelligible entries may be disqualified.
9. RELEASE. In consideration for entering the Contest, you agree to ASSUME ALL RISKS associated with entrance in the Contest, taxation of the prize value, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, participation in any Contest related activity, and you agree to hold harmless, release, defend and indemnify Sponsor and each of its affiliates, subsidiaries, parents, agents, employees, representatives, assignees, directors, members, officers, managers and shareholders (each a “Released Party”) from all liabilities, litigation and/or claims arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Contest or any Contest-related activity, including but not limited to for injury or damage to property arising from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize(s).
10. CHOICE OF LAW. YOU AGREE that ANY AND ALL CLAIMS arising from or limited to the Contest, any Contest-related activity, or these Official Rules, including but not limited to any claims for damages, injury and/or death regarding an alleged incident, and all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, will be GOVERNED BY MONTANA LAW and EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION will be in, and you irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of, the District Court for the State of MONTANA or in Federal Court for the State of MONTANA.
12. CONTACT. Persons requesting additional information may send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Sponsor at Peak Ski Company, c/o Tracy Chang, 245 Quail Run Rd, Bozeman, MT 59718.